Notes were given out, and a second set about how to pad the carcass.
We were shown how to cover each piece, with a piece of fabric slightly larger than the card, which were then strung using a zig-zag stitch and pulled tight (stitching the long edge first), then tapering in the corners of the short edges.
We then took our long piece of patterned fabric and placed it inside the box, folding the edges over the top to make sure it was going to be a tight fit. If it was loose, we knew we needed to shorten the length a little. When we were happy it fitted snugly, we put it back inside the box with the wrong side facing to the outside where we began to hand sew the overlapping edge to the top edge of the box.
When this was completed, we turned the fabric so that the right side was facing the outside and tucked the bottom edges to the underside of the box, and zig-zag stitched it, mitering the corners. An additional piece of card was also covered in fabric in the same way, and ladder stitched onto the bottom to complete the base.
Another way we were shown, was to add a hinge by sandwiching a flat tube of fabric between the lid and the underside card cover and the side pieces and outer fabric, (if we didn’t want to use a button on the top).
Here are the results of the day, we were all kept very busy with lots of hand sewing and we can't wait to complete them, as they are looking delightful. Thank you Marguerita for a lovely day!